ANNANDALE PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT 876 REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING – APRIL 25, 2022 AT 7:00 PM
1. Scheer called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m.
2. Council members present: Jon Scheer, Katie Jones, Gena Jacobson, Jennifer Mealey, Melissa Muehring-Paulson and Paul Zabinski. Student representatives: Noelle Scheer and Molly Klippenes.
3. Mealey proposes approval of the agenda items. Jacobson seconded. Motion carried 6-0.
4. Committee Reports
5. Community comments/concerns: A member of the community spoke to council.
6. Zabinski moved to approve the consent agenda. Jones seconded. Motion carried 6-0.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting of the Board of Directors of March 21, 2022
B. Approval of the April check register
C. April Donation Acceptance Annandale Education Association $3,000 K Zuehlke Grant S&S Equities LLC DBA The Waterfront $500 Robotics Activity Fund MP Nexlevel LLC $200 Robotics Activity Fund Cardinal Athletic Foundation $2,000 BPA Activity Fund Kimball Firemen’s Relief Association 1 $591.79 Alpine Ski Activity Fund Inventory Trading Company $80 Golf Activity Fund Annandale Lions Club $500 MEADA Prom $500 Speaker 4/19/22 Cardinal Athletic Foundation $2000 Scholarships Cardinal Athletic Foundation $3000 2022 Scholarships Clearwater Lions Club $3000 Scholarships Annandale Lion’s Club $144 Jordan Family Scholarship Lake Region Cooperative Oil Association $6,000 Scholarships Heart of the Lakes Team, LLC $1,000 Cardinal Athletic Foundation Robotics Business Fund $6,000 Cardinal Athletic Foundation Robotics Business Fund $3,200 Football Business Fund Cardinal Athletic Foundation $1,500 Cardinal Athletic Foundation Track Fund $600 F Cardinal Athletic Foundation Golf Activities Fund $2,500 Cardinal Athletic Foundation Volleyball Activities Fund $3,500 Cardinal Athletic Foundation Gymnastics Activities Fund $2,500 Cardinal Athletic Foundation Softball Activities Fund $5,000 Mark Logeais Drum Set School Band Program Incentive Fund
D. Approval of tenure for trainee teachers
E. Accreditation of AES Trainee Teachers in Years 1-2 and 2-3
F. Approval of AMS Trainee Teachers in Grades 1-2 and 2-3
G. AHS Trainee Teacher Approval for Grades 1-2
H. Approval of retirement(s)
I. Approval of resignation(s)
7. Unfinished business information
A. Enrollment projections for 2021-22
B. District Registration Summary
8. New business information
A. Jones moved to approve recognition of qualified students for the state competition list. Jacobson seconded. Motion carried 6-0. Speeches: Jillian Kulm and Nina Nordstrom Boys Basketball: Bryce Fobbe, Carson Gagnon, Nick Jenniges, Hawkin Miller, Zach Neutz, Robert Olson, Gavin Polston, Brady Spaulding, Will Massmann, Ryan Neuman, Tyson Shoberg, Joseph Healy, Caleb Purcell, Nick Walter, Thomas Westman, Graham Zuehlke, Gavin Wang B. Zabinski moved to approve the following policies in the review cycle. Mealey seconded. Motion carried 6-0.
1. 722 requests for public data (first reading – mandatory policy that must be adopted)
2. Public Date Request Form 722 (First Reading – mandatory form that must be passed)
3. 414 Mandatory reporting of child neglect or physical or sexual abuse (mandatory annual exam changes are highlighted)
4. 414 Confidential Student Abuse Reporting Form
5. 203.6 Consent Programs (3 year review – no change)
6. School Board Meeting Minutes 204 (3-year review-changes highlighted)
7. 205 open and closed meetings (3 year review – changes highlighted)
C. Adoption of a resolution to terminate the contract of a teacher on probation Zabinski presented a motion for the adoption of the above resolution was duly seconded by member Jones and after the vote thereon, the persons following voted in favor: Scheer, Jones, Zabinski, Mealey, Jacobson and Muehring-Paulson. And the following people voted against the same: None
D. Mealey moved to approve the following work assignments. Muehring-Paulson seconded. Motion carried 6-0.
1. Justin Griffin – Child Care Site Supervisor – Community Education
2. Brennan Beese – Recreation and Facilities Coordinator – Community Education
3. Hayden Wikan – Paraprofessional – Elementary School
4. Sarah Onstad – Health Assistant – Middle School E. Mealey moved to approve the contracts for the 2022-23 school year. Jacobson seconded. Motion carried 6-0.
1. Kelly Kosloski – Business Education Teacher – High School
2. Joshua Dickinson – Technical Education Teacher – High School
3. Samuel Lepa-Director of Activities-District
A. The next monthly meeting will be held at AES on Monday, May 23, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. in person at the AES Bendix Media Center.
10. Jones moved the adjournment motion at 7:28 p.m. Jacobson seconded. Motion carried 6-0.
A complete copy of the school board meeting minutes is available at ISD District Office 876.
(Published in the Annandale Advocate Wednesday, June 1, 2022.)
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING FROM THE TOWNSHIP OF CORINNA WHICH MAY CONCERN:
Notice is hereby given that the Corinna Township Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment will meet on Tuesday, June 14, 2022, beginning at 7:00 p.m. at Corinna Town Hall, 9801 Ireland Ave, Annandale to hold the subsequent public hearings: All items tabled at previous meetings that provided the required information. Requests related to adjusting lot lines between two existing parcels. Required approvals include a lot line adjustment that will transfer 1.61 acres from an existing parcel to be attached to a 3.39 acre parcel. The resulting plots will be 5 acres and 2.43 acres and approx. 511 and 256 feet wide, respectively. Applicant/Owner: Chad and Jeannette Strand. Property address: 10202 105th St NW, Annandale. Sect-Twp-Range: 8-121-27. Parcel number(s): 206000081402 and 206000081403. Requests related to the operation of a vacation rental. Required approvals include a temporary use permit to operate a private home/vacation rental serviced by a holding septic tank. Applicant/Owner: Ricky and Melissa Riesgraf. Property address: 11847 Gulden Ave NW, Maple Lake. Sect-Twp-Range: 1-121-27. Package number(s): 206086001150. Measurements and request details, including deviations or other necessary approvals, are approximate and/or subject to change. All interested persons are invited to attend these hearings and be heard or send written comments to the Corinna Township Zoning Administrator, 9801 Ireland Ave, Annandale MN 55302. Information about the applications and a staff report can be viewed at www.hometownplanning.com (staff report usually 5-7 days before court date). A quorum of the municipal council may be present at the meeting but will not hold deliberations or make any decisions. Corinna Township Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment Date: May 27, 2022
(Published in the Annandale Advocate Wednesday, June 1, 2022.)